Kaimuki Middle School utilizes PrimeroEdge, a computerized system for purchasing school meals. Each student will be issued a student identification/meal card at the beginning of the school year. Each card will include the student’s picture, name, and barcode representing his/her unique personal identification number (PIN). Student meal eligibility status is kept confidential at all times and will not be identified on the individual student card. Free and reduced lunches are provided to families who meet federal criteria. Applications must be filed each school year with the main office or through School Food Services.
Lunch: (See Bell Schedule for exact times)
- Grade 6: First Lunch: Quarter 1, Quarter 3
- Grade 7: First Lunch: Quarter 2, Quarter 4
- Grade 8: First Lunch: Quarter 2, Quarter 4
Meal menu updated and posted monthly to our school website homepage.
Meal Price List (Prices subject to change; Revised July 2015)
- Student lunch $2.50
- Student second lunch $5.50
- Second Entree Only $2.00
- Adult lunch $5.50
- Student breakfast $1.10
- Student second breakfast $2.40
- Adult breakfast $2.40
- Deposits are accepted in our school front office before school from 7:30am and during morning recess.
- No deposits are taken during lunch periods.
- Students are to complete a deposit form and submit it with payment.
- Check payment payable to Kaimuki Middle School is preferred.
- Cash payment is also accepted.
- Please note, bank return check fees do apply.
Note: Meal Deposit Forms are available in the front office and on our website homepage
and also attached below (scroll to the very bottom of this page to view/print).
Should you not have sufficient funds on your account for purchasing meals, students
will be charged for their purchase up to three (3) meals.
Students will be reminded about low account balances each time at the point of purchase.
Parents can also call the office for assistance.
Students must pay off their charges.
If a negative balance has been accumulated on an account, students will not be able
to purchase items until the charge is paid off in full and have a credit on their account.
Cafeteria Rules & Procedures
- Behavior should support a pleasant dining environment.
- Be polite and courteous.
- Loud, disorderly conduct is not appropriate.
- Please remove all hats/caps when entering cafeteria.
- Food (including home lunch) is to be eaten in the cafeteria.
- If not eating, please do not enter cafeteria.
- Temperature sensitive foods (milk, hot meal items, etc.) may not be taken out of the cafeteria.
- Sharing of food is prohibited.
- Cutting in the meal line is not permitted.
- Place bags/backpacks under the dining table or table bench.
- Upon completion of a meal, students are to clean eating area of all trash, dispose trash in proper receptacle and exit cafeteria through designated door.
- Students must obtain written teacher permission to take and/or eat meals in the classroom.
- Students are allowed to buy only one (1) meal at a time.
- Students are NOT ALLOWED to buy meals or snacks for other students.
- Students, please have your ID card with you OR obtain a replacement card BEFORE you arrive to the cafeteria to purchase a meal.
- Purposely defaced/damaged cards will be confiscated and student will be required to purchase a replacement card.
Students not complying above rules and procedures will face school consequences.
Replacing lost or damaged identification/meal cards
- If you do not have an ID card, you may not purchase a meal.
- Cost is $5.00 per replacement card or $1.00 for a 'temporary' paper copy
- Cards are obtainable in our school front office before/after school and only during morning recess.
- Replacement cards are NOT obtainable during the lunch period.